Thursday 18 February 2010

Basingstoke-THe Big Day arrives

Sunday 31st January.

Finally the day we had dreaded arrived. We were all packed and ready to go. Mum and Dad arrived at 09:00 to pick us up. We wanted to get on the road early and ensure we had plenty of time to get to the hospital. It also meant we got our goodbyes to the family out of the way quickly and did not have time to dwell on it.
I held my girls tight in my arms and we all cried, was this the last time I would hold them?
I tore myslef away and we got into the car. We were soon on our way.

We arrived at the hospital early which gave us a chance to get Mum and Tracey settled in the accomodation. There was some initial confusion which meant we ended up in a right dive of a place but that was soon sorted and we ended up in a fully furnished flat that was more than adiquate.
I then headed up to the ward for 12 noon as per my letter. I was shown to ward to C2 and assigned to room no.1. I was surprised to find that it was a single room with en-suite bathroom. More than comfortable. The nurse advised that the doctors would not be around till 14:00hrs and we were free to do what we wanted till then. We headed back to the flat and I gave Tracey some last minute coaching on the netbook!
Back to the room at 14:00 and we sat and waited for our first visitors. I was soon handed my first cup of magic potion to clear out my system.I was dreading this part and was now not allowed to eat and could only drink clear fluid. Surprisingly the first cup of Ducolax didnt take effect.
Later that afternoon Mr. Cecil arrived to go through the consent form. I didnt look at the small print, just signed it.
After that we had a quiet afternoon and evening. I was given clear soup and jelly for my tea, more than I expected.
That evening Mum and Tracey left and I made myself comfortable and watched a DVD. This ward was great!
Tommorow would be a busy day......

MOAS -2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment